CV for Danielle Beck, MSN, RN, PA-C
Learn More About the Registered Nurse Offering Skin Rejuvenation and More at Dr. Happe Medical Aesthetics in Newton and the Boston Area
MS in Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner Specialty, June 2011
University of Massachusetts at Worcester – Graduate School of Nursing
Bachelor of Science, Human Nutrition, May 2003
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Academic Honors: Cum Laude, Dean’s List
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
Massachusetts Nurse Practitioner since 2011
Massachusetts Registered Nurse since 2009
BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
August 2014-Present–Nurse Practitioner
Optum, HouseCalls Program, Middlesex & Essex Counties, MA
- Expert clinician providing in-home yearly physical assessments as part of the HouseCalls program to Medicare members in Middlesex and Essex Counties of Massachusetts.
- In-home assessments covering full history and physical exam including urine dipstick, fecal occult blood testing, and peripheral arterial disease screening where indicated.
- Responsible for generating appropriate diagnoses, referrals for care, and contacting patient’s primary care provider for follow up to any urgent clinical or social issues.
- Provided education to patients on current disease states, screening tests, vaccinations, medications, and addressing individualized questions.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Culture Ambassador
- Massachusetts legislative advocacy and policy representative
- 2019 Inspire Program mentee
- HouseCalls New Hire Mentor
August 2013-Present–Nurse Practitioner/Owner
Danielle M. Beck, NP-C, LLC, Bedford, MA
- Founder and owner with all business ownership responsibilities, including developing business, creating business plan, creating branding, developing operational procedures, all medical forms and consents, and implementing all marketing plans and marketing materials.
- Designed, opened, and produced a self-sustaining medical practice within eight months, maintained high level of patient satisfaction, established and built strong industry relationships with mentors, colleagues, vendors, and sales representatives.
- Created and organized bi-monthly special events for 10 to 40 people with informational programs and seminars, converted participants into customers, oversaw two independent contractors, reduced overhead by more than 50 percent through successful business management.
- Provided medical aesthetic services for injectables, chemical peels, medical grade skincare, and micronutrient blood testing and results counseling. Delivered personalized treatment plans in antiaging correction and skin rejuvenation for both in office treatments and customized home skincare routines.
February 2013-July 2013–Medical Instructor
Condensed Curriculum International, Lexington, MA
- Instructed a 140 hour certified medical assistant course for adult learners consisting of 3 modules: certified medical assistant module, EKG module, and Phlebotomy Module.
- Responsibilities included lecture presentations, teaching hands on lab activities for vital signs, performing various types of injections, EKGs, and general phlebotomy plus administering and correcting tests and proctoring final certification exam.
December 2011-January 2013–Nurse Practitioner
Department of Veterans Affairs, West Roxbury & Jamaica Plain, MA
- Managed the Bariatric Surgery service for VISN 1 (New England), oversaw all surgical service operations including leading the VA Boston interdisciplinary team of providers and the interdisciplinary teams for the five other VA New England sites.
- Successfully streamlined bariatric surgical service which resulted in a more efficient surgical assessment and qualifying/approval process, re-implemented a pre and post op support group attended by pre and post-surgical patients,
- Managed a monthly region wide meeting between all disciplinary teams and a weekly clinic for surgical service.
- Clinically responsible for all aspects of pre and post-surgical patient care: coordinating care, performing and monitoring pre-surgical work up phase, determining appropriate imaging, labs, and specialty consults, performing pre-operative testing, scheduling patients for surgery, following patients after surgery during their inpatient stay, performing routine follow up care for the lifetime of the patient, and running a weekly outpatient bariatric clinic.
- Additional responsibilities under the general surgery service included triaging surgical consults for need and urgency, determining appropriate imaging, service consults, and lab testing, coordinating care, performing pre-operative testing, reviewing imaging and lab data, collaborating with other services as needed, and scheduling surgery.
December 2009-October 2011–Staff Registered Nurse
Marlborough Hospital, Marlborough, MA
- Staff RN on a busy community hospital medical/surgical floor with responsibility for a full patient load of 4-6 patients including patient assessments, medication administration, IV management, IV insertion, analyzing telemetry strips, documentation, patient admissions, patient discharge and education, communicating with MDs on patient progress, need for order changes, or patient change in status.
- Additional responsibilities included skin care assessment, wound care, dressing changes, tube feeding, blood transfusions, tracheotomy suction, and infection control as well as following precaution protocols for patients with resistant organism infections.
June 2011-August 2011–Registered Nurse
Exploration Intermediate Program, Wellesley, MA
- Six week seasonal, full time, Registered Nurse position for Exploration School Intermediate Summer Program. Responsible for the daily medical and psychosocial needs of approximately 600 children aged 12-14 years as well as the young adult staff.
- Additional duties included administrative tasks related to the operation of the program’s health office, maintenance of health records, medication administration, and assessment of urgent care needs and injuries.